Trotsky Family Undergraduate Writing Award
The donors of the Trotsky Family Undergraduate Writing Award wish to reward gracefully written arguments and analyses produced by undergraduate students currently enrolled at the University of Colorado Boulder. Eligible students are invited to submit an essay following the prompt detailed below. The most compelling essays will be selected to receive the award.
- Applicants must be first or second year students currently enrolled on the Boulder campus in good academic standing.
- Award winners must remain enrolled as undergraduate students on the CU Boulder campus in good academic standing for the duration of the award.
*Submission Requirements: *
- One 3 – 5 page essay, double spaced.
- Follow the instructions detailed under “The Essay Prompt” below.
- The essay should be a clean copy with no extraneous comments, marks, or grades on it.
- Insert a header that includes the name of the award, your first initial and last name in the upper right corner of each page (e.g. J. Doe, Trotsky UG Writing).
- Insert page numbers (e.g. page 1 of 5) in the lower right corner of each page.
- Save your essay submission as a PDF titled: YourLastName_Trotsky UG Writing
Is it the responsibility of art to have a moral purpose? Why or why not?