Ruth Murray Underhill Award
The Denver Woman’s Press Club is once again offering the Ruth Murray Underhill Scholarship. Established in 1985, this fellowship provides support to a graduate student in the University of Colorado Boulder Creative Writing Program who identifies as female.
The scholarship winner will be notified once the decision has been made. The scholarship recipient will be expected to write a note of thanks to the donor, as well as a short paragraph about interests, classes and writing, one semester after receiving the award. Award winners are also invited to attend a reception during the summer, and may also participate in the organization’s events free of charge throughout the 2021/2022 year.
One (1) fellowship in the amount of $2,500 will be given to a qualified MFA student. Funds are applied directly to tuition during the 2021/2022 academic year.
• Graduate student in the MFA – Creative Writing program who identifies as female
• Good standing in the program with satisfactory degree progress
• Applicants must have a graduation date no earlier than May 2022
Applicants must submit the following:
• A manuscript of 25 pages or less.
• Manuscripts must have no extraneous comments, marks, or grades on it. The manuscript should not contain the applicant’s name.
• Cover sheet with applicant name, student ID number, and manuscript title.