Robert Manford Tobin, Jr. Graduate Scholarship
This scholarship benefits students in the College of Arts and Sciences. The scholarship was generously established by Adrianne Wonnacott in memory of Robert Manford Tobin, Jr. Rob, a CU Boulder Business graduate, was always creating, be it written stories or natural photography; even painting, drawing and music. Rob was a dedicated teacher in all aspects of his life, leading by example with integrity and perseverance and through joy and wonder at the world around him. The amount of $1,000 will be awarded to the best creative writing story, and will be applied to the student’s Fall and Spring tuition ($500 each semester).
The scholarship winner will be notified once the decision has been made. The scholarship recipient will be expected to write a note of thanks to the donor, as well as a short paragraph about interests, classes and writing, one semester after receiving the award.
- Applicants must be Creative Writing graduate students.
- Applicants must be full-time students and must remain in good academic standing for the duration of the award (Fall and Spring ).
- Applicants must not be graduating earlier than Spring 2021.
- Preference will be given to residents of Colorado.
- Submit a short story (5-10 pages, typed, double-spaced) titled and formatted, as it would appear in publication.
- No extraneous marks, grades, names or other identifying information should be included.
- Insert a header with the name of the award in the upper right corner of each page.
- Insert page numbers (e.g. page 1 of 5) in the lower right corner of each page.
- Save your submission as a PDF titled: YourLastName_Tobin