PhD & MA Windfall Archival Research (WAR) Grant
The WAR Grant provides funds to PhD, MA, and MFA students to conduct research for their dissertation or thesis. The grant can be used for things such as travel to archives, lodging during travel, institution research fees, scanning, photocopying and printing charges, etc.
Three (3) grants, each in the amount of $2,000, will be awarded to three different graduate students. Each award will be distributed and applied to the student’s spring 2020 tuition bill. Applications will be reviewed and award winners selected by the Graduate Studies Committee.
- PhD students in post-comprehensive exam “D” status, registered continually for 5+ dissertation hours as required by the Graduate School Rules.
- MA students enrolled full-time and in good academic standing, registered continually for 3 thesis hours in the fall 2020 term.
MFA students enrolled full-time and in good academic standing, registered continually for at least 3 thesis hours in the fall 2020 term.
Applicants must submit the following:
- A current resume
- A detailed explanation of the importance of this grant for your dissertation/ thesis research
- Maximum of one page, typed and single-spaced
- Include the current status of your dissertation/thesis and progress you expect to make during the term of this award
- A typed, detailed budget of expected expenses (if traveling) and description of destination(s), including dates of travel. (Award recipients will be expected to document travel expenses with receipts.)