Jovanovich Imaginative Writing Graduate Award
The Creative Writing Program Announces the Jovanovich Imaginative Writing Awards Competition. The Jovanovich prize is an annual award for excellence in poetry, fiction, playwriting, or nonfiction prose. Two awards of $1,000 each will be awarded, to be applied to the Fall tuition bill.
The scholarship winner will be notified once the decision has been made. The scholarship recipient will be expected to write a note of thanks to the donor, as well as a short paragraph about interests, classes and writing, one semester after receiving the award.
- Applicants must be Creative Writing graduate students.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time and in good academic standing.
- Applicants must not be graduating earlier than Spring 2021.
- One (only) of the following: three poems, one short story, a piece of creative non-fiction, or a segment of a stage or screenplay.
- All creative works must be titled and formatted as they would appear in publication.
- No extraneous marks, grades, names or other identifying information should be included.
- Insert a header with the name of the award in the upper right corner of each page.
- Insert page numbers (e.g. page 1 of 5) in the lower right corner of each page.
- Save your submission as a PDF titled: YourLastName_Jovanovich