Dick Shahan Graduate Fellowships Fund
The Dick Shahan Graduate Fellowship is awarded to an English Department graduate student to assist in completing his or her graduate program/degree. Funds may be used to cover expenses associated with pursuing a creative project and/or conducting research (for example, travel to an archival location). Fellowships are offered to students in one of four specific graduate student groups, alternating each year: 1) PhD students who have completed everything but the dissertation; 2) PhD students in the first 1-3 years of the program; 3) MFA students; and 4) MA students. One $500 fellowship will be awarded. The award will be distributed and applied to the student’s Fall tuition bill. This year, the award fellowship will be awarded to a PhD student.
- Applicants must be English MFA students
- Submit a summary paragraph about your creative work/project
- Submit a paragraph about what you hope to accomplish
- College of Arts & Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- In one PDF, submit a summary paragraph about your creative work/project and submit a paragraph about what you hope to accomplish.