Jean Dubofsky Scholarship in Women and Gender Studies
The Jean Dubofsky Scholarship is awarded to students in the Department of Women and Gender Studies who meet the following criteria:
- Current undergraduate enrolled full-time with a major in Women and Gender Studies.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must have completed at least six credit hours in the department.
- Complete the CU Boulder General Scholarship Application.
- Complete this scholarship application by the deadline.
Students must demonstrate a commitment to social justice and to raising awareness of the intersection of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, class and nationality, among others, in an essay of approximately 500 words. Scholarship awards are based on academic merit, and a demonstrated commitment to social justice. This scholarship was established by Dr. Joanne Arnold in honor of Jean Dubofsky, the first female justice of the Colorado Supreme Court and later an attorney who led the case at the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn Colorado’s Amendment 2, which was a landmark ruling for LGBTQ rights.