Robert Manford Tobin, Jr. Scholarship
The Robert Manford Tobin, Jr. Scholarship provides scholarship support to full-time students with a major in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Colorado Boulder. Students must apply by submitting a creative writing story that is five to ten pages, double spaced, titled and formatted as it would appear in publication. Preference is given to Colorado residents and past scholarship recipients who competitively reapply and maintain a GPA of 2.8 or higher. Please follow the directions below when submitting your creative writing story:
- Entering freshmen and continuing students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a declared major in Arts and Sciences on the Boulder campus.
- Award winners must be enrolled as full-time students and must remain in good academic standing for the duration of the award (fall and spring of the following academic year).
- Applicants must have a graduation date no earlier than the spring of the next academic year (one year after the award cycle in which they submitted an application).
- Preference will be given to residents of Colorado, and past Tobin scholars who maintain a 2.80 or better GPA and competitively reapply for continuation of the scholarship.
- Submit a short story (5 – 10 pages, typed, double-spaced) titled and formatted, as it would appear in publication.
- No extraneous marks, grades, names or other identifying information should be included on the pages of your submission.
- Insert a header with the name of the award in the upper right corner of each page.
- Insert page numbers (e.g. page 1 of 5) in the lower right corner of each page.
- Save your submission as a PDF titled: YourLastName_Tobin
- Schools, Colleges, Departments
- College of Arts & Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Submit a short story (5-10 pages, typed, double-spaced) titled and formatted, as it would appear in publication.
- Is your expected graduation date SPRING 2023 or later?