Harold D. Kelling Undergraduate Essay Prize
The Harold D. Kelling Undergraduate Essay Prize provides an annual award, in memory of Harold D. Kelling, for the best essay written for an English class to an upper division undergraduate student enrolled full-time at the University of Colorado Boulder. Please follow the directions below when submitting your essay:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled on the Boulder campus as full-time students. Good academic standing is required.
- Applicants must currently be either a junior or senior, graduating no earlier than the spring of the next academic year (one year after the award cycle in which they submitted an application).
- An essay (short stories, etc., are not eligible) written for a University of Colorado Boulder English Department class.
- The essay may have been written at any time during the applicant’s career at the university.
- No extraneous marks or grades should be included on your essay.
- Insert a header that includes the name of the award, your first initial and last name in the upper right corner of each page (e.g. J. Doe, Kelling Essay Prize).
- Insert page numbers (e.g. page 1 of 5) in the lower right corner of each page.
- Save your essay as a PDF titled: YourLastName_Kelling
- Schools, Colleges, Departments
- College of Arts & Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you currently either a junior or senior?
- Is your expected graduation date SPRING 2023 or later?
- Submit an essay as outlined in the Description portion of this scholarship opportunity.