Alex McGuiggan Scholarship
The Alex McGuiggan Scholarship provides scholarship support to undergraduate students in the Department of English at the University of Colorado Boulder.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled on the Boulder campus as full-time students. Good academic standing is required.
- Applicants must be planning to graduate no earlier than the spring of the next academic year (one year after the award cycle in which they submitted an application).
- Applicants must have a declared major in the English Department and have already been admitted to the Creative Writing track.
- Applicants must have taken/be enrolled in at least one Creative Writing poetry workshop (ENGL 2021, 3021, and/or 4021) to demonstrate an interest in writing poetry.
- Submit between five and ten pages of poems titled and formatted, as they would appear in publication.
- The first page of your poetry submission should be an index of all poems contained in your submission.
- All poems must be strung together into one document.
- Insert a header with the name of the award in the upper right corner of each page.
- Insert page numbers (e.g. page 1 of 5) in the lower right corner of each page.
- No extraneous marks, grades, names or other identifying information should be included on the pages of poetry.
- Save your submission as a PDF titled: YourLastName_McGuiggan
- Schools, Colleges, Departments
- College of Arts & Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you taken or are you currently enrolled in at least one Creative Writing poetry workshop (English 2021, 3021, or 4021)?
- Is your expected graduation date SPRING 2023 or later?
- Submit a sample of poems, titled and formatted as they would appear in publication.