Summer University Recognition Fellowship (SURF) Grant
The SURF Grant provides funds to PhD, MA, and MFA students over the summer to support their studies. The grant can be used for things such as ongoing writing and editing over the summer, travel to destination(s) necessary for research, institution research fees, photocopying charges, professional development, etc. Students do not have to be writing a thesis or dissertation to receive this award. A minimum of nine (9) grants, each up to $5,000, will be given to different qualified students. Each award will be distributed and applied to the student’s spring 2022 tuition bill. Applications will be reviewed and award winners selected by the Graduate Studies Committee.
• PhD students enrolled full-time and in good academic standing
• MA students enrolled full-time and in good academic standing
• MFA students enrolled full-time and in good academic standing
Applicants must submit the following:
• A current resume
• A detailed explanation of the importance of this grant for your dissertation/thesis research, your continued studies, or professional development (maximum of one page, typed and single-spaced)
• A typed, detailed budget of expected expenses (if traveling) and description of destination(s), including dates of travel. Award recipients will be expected to document travel expenses with receipts.